Each purchase and subsequent donation is subject to the following terms and conditions:
- In a standard bay there are three planks – a north and south of approx 7.5 ft and a central plank between the tram tracks of just less than 3 feet.
- Each north and south plank in a standard bay will cost £75 inc VAT.
- If a plank is donated to the Trust it will be fitted in a numbered position and a plaque affixed nearby.
- The short central planks cost £12 inc vat. There is no room for a plaque so each central plank sold will have a dedication or message entered into the correct position on a web site visible to all. A photograph can also be displayed byarrangement with the office.
- As a special offer a purchaser who donates a north and south plank at the same time will be deemed to have donated the accompanying central plank without additional cost.
- Each donated plank will be acknowledged with a certificate indicating the bay and the numbered location where the plank will be fitted.
- Positions are allocated on a first come, first served, basis and it is not possible to specify or reserve specific numbers.
- The lettering for each donated plank is subject to approval by the Trustees or its agents and the Trust reserves the right in its absolute discretion to refuse an order. The Trust will not have any obligation to explain its refusal but in all such cases will refund any monies paid. The amount of words is restricted by the size of the plaque but the Workshop for the Disabled will endeavour to maximise the content.
- The Trust reserves the right to move any planks or plaques without liability.
- The Trust shall not be liable to the donor whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, for any loss of profit, or any indirect or consequential loss arising under or in connection with these terms; and the Trust’s total liability to the sponsor for all other losses arising under or in connection with these terms, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, shall be limited to the total sums paid by the donor for the relevant order.
- The Trust will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of its obligations under these terms or for any damage or loss to any plaque that is caused by an event outside its control. An event outside its control means any act or event beyond the Trust’s reasonable control, including without limitation strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action by third parties, civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war, fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster, or failure of public or private telecommunications networks.
- These terms and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Isle of Man.
- Each of the clauses in these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining clauses will remain in full force and effect.
Note: VAT is listed as Tax on the invoice.